Gainful Employment & Other Student Disclosures
At Briarcliffe College, our goal is to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence you'll need to go far in life, as well as in your career. That's why we structure every academic program to help prepare market-ready professionals for satisfying, rewarding career opportunities in specific fields of interest.
Most students would rather learn from an experienced professional currently employed in the field they teach. That's why we have created a credentialed faculty whose real-world perspectives and firsthand experiences bring valuable insights into every classroom.
We also believe it's important for students to acquire knowledge and skills that will be applicable and marketable once they complete their course of study. So, we design curricula in step with the needs of today's employers, with an emphasis on programs targeting specific areas of need in today's job market
The U.S. Department of Education requires that we report and disclose certain information about our school programs in a clear, prominent, user-friendly, and easily understood manner. The intent of the requirement is to enable students to make an informed choice about a program of study. To this end, we have developed documents containing the following information:
- The on-time completion rate;
- The graduation rate;
- The tuition and fees;
- The median loan debt incurred by students; and
- The occupations that the program may prepare students to enter, along with links to the O*NET occupational profiles.
U.S. Department of Education references from 34 Code of Federal Regulations:
- Occupation (Sections 600.2, 600.4, 600.5, 600.6, 668.6, and 668.8)
- Gainful Employment Reporting and Disclosure Requirements (Section 668.6)
- Student Right-to-Know Act (Section 668.45(d)(3))